The Vancouver International Wine Festival is wrapping up today, and after hundreds of wine tastings over the weekend, I have developed my Best of BC list and wine recommendations.
Best of BC from the VIWF (in no particular order):
1. Black Hills Estate Winery: Nota Bene 2010
2. Tinhorn Creek: Oldfield Series Cabernet Franc 2009
3. Meyer Family Vineyards: Gewurztraminer- Mclean Creek Vineyard 2011
4.Nk’Mip Cellars: Qwam Qwmt Pinot Noir 2010
5. Mission Hill Family Estate: Compendium 2009
6. Road 13 Vineyards: Seventy-Four K 2011 *Note: name change. This wine used to be called Rockpile.
I am so proud of all the wineries representing BC at the festival. I really felt we were able to stand up on the world stage and showcase some great wines. Be sure to mark your calendars for next years wine festival, running February 24 to March 2, 2014 celebrating theme country France with a global focus on bubbly. With so many BC wineries producing delicious bubbles, I am sure they will be pouring some extra special bottles next year.
Did you go to the Vancouver International Wine Festival tasting room? I would love to hear your BC wine picks. Tweet me @uncorkBC.