Located in Gastown’s historic Blood Alley, The Salt Tasting Room is home to Vancouver’s most unique and unforgettable tasting experience. The simple menu written out on a chalk board at the back lets you know the 10 meats, 10 cheese and 10 condiments available for your tasting plate. Then, you (or your server) can pair this plate with wine.
Throughout the year, Salt Tasting Room hosts special wine tasting events- Salt Cellar Series. On March 26, 2013 Okanagan Falls Stag’s Hollow was the feature winery.
The first course included the following wine and food pairings:
- Stag’s Hollow Sauvignon Blanc 2011 with Local Chevre and Quince Paste
- Stag’s Hollow Viognier 2010 with Culatello di Zibello and Mostarda
- Stag’s Hollow Syrah Rose 2012 with Old Amsterdam and Basque Olives
The second course included the following wine and food pairings:
- Stag’s Hollow Heritage Block 2010 with Corned Beef and Cipollini Onions
- Stag’s Hollow Syrah 2010 with Tartuffo and Dried Cherries
- Stag’s Hollow Hart 2010 with Crater Blue and Similameen Honey
Don’t miss the upcoming Salt Cellar Series tasting events, hosting Okanagan Crush Pad on April 23, 2013 and Nichol Vineyards on May 21, 2013. You will receive 6 wine tastings pairied with 6 cheese/meats and 6 condiments- all for just $50.00! Ticket details here.