On November 5, Gastown’s Salt Tasting Room welcomed Noble Ridge, a small family run winery in Okanagan Falls, as part of their Cellar Series. It was so great to meet one of their owners, Leslie, who is one of the most passionate people I have met and loved interacting with guests, answering questions about the winery. She told us the stories of how her and her husband, Jim, opened the winery because they always loved being in the Valley and dreamed of owning a Vineyard. Now, the rest is history!
The first course included the following wine and food pairings:
- Noble Ridge ‘The One’ 2009 sparkling wine paired with Chevre D’or and apple cider jelly
- Noble Ridge Pinot Grigio 2012 paired with Tomme de Manoir and house made peach chutney
- Noble Ridge Chardonnay 2010 paired with speck and castelvetreno olives
The second course included the following wine and food pairings:
- Noble Ridge Pinot Noir 2010 Formajo Imbriago with house made fig spread
- Noble Ridge Meritage 2011 paired with Blueberry Vension and mostarda
- Noble Ridge Meritage Reserve 2008 paired with Roman and spice pumpkin
I have to say that my favourite white was the sparkling Chardonnay/Pinot Grigio ‘The One’. You would be lucky to get your hands on this one, its only sold in the tasting room. My favourite red was the Pinot Noir, which is sold at local VQA stores in Vancouver.
Be sure to check out the Salt Tasting Room next Cellar Series event on November 26, when the tasting room explores Natural Wines. Tickets are only $51.60 and includes both food and wine courses- a total of 6 tastings!