The Vancouver International Wine Festival is coming to Vancouver from February 24- March 2, 2014. Named one of the best wine festivals in the World, people from all across the globe come together to taste 800+ wines from 14 countries. This year, the regional theme is France, and the global focus in Bubbly.
Tickets from some events have already sold out, so be sure to get yours today to avoid any disappointment.
Here are some of our recommendations for some BC wine related events this year:
February 25, 6:30-10:30pm- Meyer Family Feast at Brix Restaurant and Bar
5 course meal paired with Meyer Family award-winning wines for $140.00. Buy tickets 604-873-3311
- Reception: Okanagan Valley Chardonnay 2012
- First Course: Local quail leg “pok pok” style, Vietnamese pickle salad paired with Okanagan Valley Gewürztraminer 2012
- Second Course: Pan seared Qualicum Bay sea scallop, saffron Israeli couscous paired with Tribute Series Chardonnay 2011 and McLean Creek Okanagan Falls Chardonnay 2011
- Third Course: Smoked local sablefish gnocchi, green peas, shallots, white wine cream, local micro greens paired with Micro Cuvée Chardonnay Naramata 2011
- Fourth Course: Roasted brome lake duck breast, miso eggplant, celery root horseradish puree paired with McLean Creek Road Pinot Noir 2011 and Reimer Vineyard Pinot Noir 2011
- Fifth Course: A selection of artisan cheeses with house made condiments & crostini
March 1, 12:00-2:00pm– BC Paired: Indulge Your Senses at ORU Fairmont Pacific Rim
Indulge your senses with the best wine and food that BC has to offer. Tickets are $69.00 buy tickets 604-873-3311.
- Taste award-winning wine from 24 top BC wineries
- Wines paired with locally inspired cuisine from ORU’s Executive Chef Darren Brown
- Bench 1775: Gewürztraminer 2012 and Merlot 2012
- Burrowing Owl Winery : Sauvignon Blanc 2012 and Cabernet Sauvignon 2010
- Cassini Cellars : Chardonnay Reserve 2008 and Syrah 2008
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery: Optimum Pinot Gris 2012 and Optimum Pinot Noir 2012
- Gray Monk Estate Winery : Pinot Blanc 2012 and Odyssey Meritage 2012
- Haywire : Gamay Noir 2012 and Gewürztraminer 2012
- Hester Creek Estate Winery : Character Estate Reserve White VQA 2012 and Reserve Merlot VQA 2011
- Jackson-Triggs Estate Winery : Grand Reserve Chardonnay 2011 and Sunrock Meritage 2010
- Lake Breeze Vineyard and Winery : Zephyr Brut VQA 2009 and Rosé VQA 2012
- Meyer Family Vineyards : Okanagan Valley Pinot Noir 2012 and Okanagan Chardonnay 2012
- Mission Hill Family Estate : Reserve Riesling 2012 and Reserve Pinot Noir 2012
- Osoyoos Larose : Petales d’Osoyoos 2010 and Le Grand Vin 2009
- Painted Rock Estate Winery : Estate Merlot 2011 and Estate Syrah 2011
- Poplar Grove : Cabernet Sauvignon 2009 and Viognier 2012
- Sandhill : Pinot Gris 2012 and Merlot 2011
- Steller’s Jay : Brut 2008 and Pinnacle 2005
- Stoneboat Vineyards : Piano Brut and Pinot Noir 2011
- Summerhill Pyramid Winery : Cabernets 2010 and Baco Noir 2011
- Tantalus Vineyards : Riesling 2012 and Chardonnay 2011
- Thornhaven Estates Winery : Rosé VQA 2012 and Pinot Gris VQA 2011
- TIME Estate Winery : Meritage (red) 2011 and Meritage (white) 2013
- Tinhorn Creek Vineyards : Pinot Gris 2012 and Cabernet Franc 2011
- Unsworth Vineyards : Pinot Gris 2012 and Pinot Noir 2012
- Wayne Gretzky Okanagan : Pinot Grigio 2012 and Cabernet Sauvignon Syrah 2012
Aside from these great events and more, you will want to get tickets for the Acura International Festival Tasting Room. With events on Feb 27, 28 and March 1, you will have an opportunity to taste rare bottles from winery representatives, wine makers, and more. With a global focus on bubbly, you will also find more than 110 expressions of sparkling wine in the tasting room!! Purchase your Tasting Room tickets before they sell out.
For more information on the Vancouver Wine Festival, visit Playhouse Wine Festival or follow them on twitter @vanwinefest.