The 2013 American Winery of the Year (noted by Wine Enthusiasts), Rodney Strong Vineyards, is coming to Vancouver! Join in on a special dinner at Yaletown’s brix restaurant and wine bar next Tuesday, February 4th.
Taste some of Sonoma Country’s top wines presented by winemaker Rick Sayre, which will be paired with a 4-course meal from brix.
- Charlotte’s Home Sauvignon Blanc 2012, Northern Sonoma
First Course: Seared Qualicum Bay scallops, avocado crème fraiche, mango pomegranate salsa paired
- Paired with Chalk Hill Chardonnay 2011
Second Course: Herb crusted sous vide pork tenderloin, black pepper house made bacon, eggplant caviar, pistachio gremolata
- Paired with Russian River Valley Pinot Noir 2011
Third Course: Grilled venison striploin, wild mushroom pommes anna, cassis-cabernet demi-glace,charred brocollini
Paired with the following:
- Alexander’s Crown Cabernet 2010, Alexander Valley
- Rockaway Vineyard Cabernet 2008, Alexander Valley
- Brother’s Ridge Cabernet 2010, Alexander Valley
Fourth Course: Little Qualicum blue cheese, dolce de leche mascarpone whip, kirshwasser – cherry compote, spiced pecans
- Paired with: A True Gentleman’s Port 2008, Sonoma County
Tickets are $110 plus taxes and gratuities. Limited spots are open, so please call 604-915-9463 if you are interested in attending. Partial proceeds from the evening will be donated to the British Columbia Hospitality Foundation.
Want to explore more California Wines? Don’t miss Sonoma in City Vancouver, happening on Wednesday, February 5th. Have a chance to taste over 20 wineries from Sonoma!