Last night we had the chance to visit Edible Canada House: Festival Under the Bridge in Granville Island. As we walked into Canada House, we saw tons of Canadian flags, wooden picnic tables, 3 large screens showing old and new Olympic Coverage, and people decked out in their Olympic and Canada gear- it was like the Vancouver 2010 Olympics were back in the city.
There really is something for everyone in Canada House: from the 3 big screens showing Olympic coverage, to live music and art displays, to a kids play area and face painting, and even life-sized Jenga games to play. What we loved the most about the event was the layout (undercover with heaters), the people- everyone was so friendly, the atmosphere and of course, the delicious food and drink offerings.
- Savoury Chef hosted several food stations offering delicious Canadian inspired comfort foods, including Alberta Beef Brisket and Maple Flapjacks, Salmon Sliders and Alberta Beef Brisket
- Edible Canada had a cheese perogie station and let you top your own toppings choosing from green onion, bacon bites, cheese and sour cream
- Granville Island Brewing has lager and winter ale on tap
- Sumac Ridge poured Chardonnay and Merlot
- Edible Canada had a garnish your own Caesar bar
- Warm Apple Cider with rum
1:00pm-4:00pm Dustin Bromley (DJ)
5:00pm-8:30pm David Love Jones (DJ)
Edible Canada House is open today from 11am until midnight. Today is your last day to experience this unforgettable event inspired by our beautiful country, Canada. Have fun, EH!
Read more about Canada House in our past blog post.