News Flash on the 7th Annual Winemaker’s Cup
The organizers of the Cellar-Tek Winemakers Cup announced today additional details for the seventh annual festival. The Festival was created and organized as a non profit partnership between Cellar-Tek, Black Hills Estate Winery, and Big White Ski Resort. Its sole purpose is to foster friendships and camaraderie amongst members of the Wine Industry in a non-competitive, non-political environment in the fresh mountain air whilst enjoying the drinking of numerous libations! It is also the World’s only annual ski & snowboard challenge weekend for the wine industry, and it is taking place in Big White, B.C. on the March 14-16, 2014 weekend.
“We are pleased to announce ten great new developments that give the wine industry 10 more great reasons to come up to Big White and be part of this funfest” said Pauline Gagnon, Event Coordinator of the Winemakers Cup.
10 great new reasons you should come and enjoy the fun & festivities at
Big White on the Mar. 14-16 weekend:
- Lots of new Activities for non-skiers!
Don’t ski or snowboard? No worries. You can now have tons of fun with all the parties going on without ever going up on the ski hill! Snowbunnies unite!!!!
- Incredible turnout by industry!
We are pleased to announce that we are getting record registration for both the daytime and evening activities. Come out and rub shoulders with your peers while enjoying a fun, unpretentious networking event.
- New Sparkling Saber-fest event!
Join us on Friday night for a FREE party while we saber numerous bottles of the B.C. bubbly at the Rakkels Ridge Pub! It is amazing the fun you can have opening a bottle of sparkling with a sword, or a ski, or various kitchen implements and then sharing the drinking of it with your new wine industry friends!
- Incredible discounts on hotels!
Great news! The Inn at Big White is offering a special deeply reduced price for Hotel rooms on the weekend of the event for only $132.00 per room, with a maximum of 4 people per room. If you are able to stay for two nights or longer, you can get a 20-25% discount on accommodations on the mountain. Please click here for examples of the variety of properties we have to offer subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Double your fun and save even more!
Further, if you stay in a hotel or Condo at Big White for two nights (Friday and Saturday) you will get a FREE voucher for the Saturday Night banquet and after-party for each person in your group! That is an amazing $75 value per person. If you have 4 people staying in your room, that is a $300 savings per room!
- Amazing snow conditions!
Over 60 cm of the fresh stuff has fallen in the last week
- The after-party on Saturday night is confirmed at Snowshoe Sam’s!
No line and no cover for participants in any of the Winemakers Cup events with live band and non-stop Wine Industry fun!
- Free transportation!
From the Okanagan Valley is now available on the Fun Bus courtesy of Unveil Shuttles from South Okanagan. They will pick you up anywhere along the way from Osoyoos to Kelowna. Only 20 spots available. First-come, first served!
- Official Sponsors announced!
We are pleased to announce that the following have now come on board as official sponsors: Cellar-Tek, Scott Labs, BDO, Commercial Insurance, Saver Glass, 3 M, Saury, Unveil Shuttles and AMCOR. The generous support of these sponsors is going to enable this year’s Winemakers Cup to be the best ever!!!
- Skier and Boarder cross course for the first time ever!
Details of the race are now available. It will be single racer at time down timed course. You can go easy, you can go fast. Suitable for skiers of all types. Most importantly, have fun!!!
Summary of the events for the 2014 Winemakers’ Cup:
Friday March 14, 2014. 8 pm: Big White Ski Resort
- FREE Sparkling Saber-fest at the Rakkels Ridge Pub. Come and try your hand at Sabreing a bottle of B.C. bubbly while partying with your wine industry peers.
Saturday March 15, 2014 Daytime: Big White Ski Resort.
- Join us for a fun day on the slopes or on the deck enjoying the sun. There will be a fun dual-slalom ski race on the Big White Skier cross Course with prizes being given out to Top Skier (Male & Female), Top Snowboarder (Male & Female), Top Telemarker, Best wipe-out and Worst times (Male & Female) as well as prizes for any kids that enter.
- Registration starts at 9 am in the Conference room at the Inn at Big White. . Race Starts at11 am. BBQ & Hanging out in the Sun at 1 pm at the Blarney Stone. Free skiing or Après skiing all afternoon long.
- Snow bunnies/Lodge Skiers- BBQ Lunch at the Blarney Stone and commemorative T-shirt: only $35.00
- Race participants: Full-day Lift ticket, Race participation, BBQ lunch and souvenir T-shirt: only $98.00. (Regular value of $150.00). For racers who already have a season’s pass to Big White, the package above is $80.00. (Regular value of $130.00)Race & Lift ticket without Lunch & t-shirt: $62.00. Race only without Lift tickets, lunch or t-shirt: (season pass holders): $45.00
- Race & Lift ticket without Lunch & t-shirt: $62.00. Race only without Lift tickets, lunch or t-shirt: (season pass holders): $45.00
Night time: Big White Ski Resort
- 6:00pm-7:00pm Happy Hour! Come and rub shoulders with your favourite Winemaker or wine personality. Held at the Moose Lounge in the Happy Valley Day Lodge. Bring your own wine and share with your wine industry friends!
- 7:00pm- 9:30 pm Winemakers Cup Dinner & Awards Presentation. Includes a gourmet buffet dinner, wine pairings, trophy & awards presentation and the screening of the hilarious “Agony of Defeat” video. Cost for dinner is ONLY $50.00 per person (includes tax, gratuities and wine). Takes place at the Moose Lounge in the Happy Valley Day Lodge.
- 9:30pm-1:00 am, The After-Party featuring the dance music at Snowshoe Sam’s. Enjoy great tunes and great times. No cover and Cash Bar.
Sunday March 16
- Free to check out, Ski and Snowboard and do whatever you want.
For event tickets and information:
Please call Pauline or Tasha at (250) 498-0666. If you’re interested in the race, spots are available right up to race day. For information on Big White Ski Resort go to bigwhite.com.
For information on accommodations, please call: