The Arts Club salutes British Columbia’s thriving wine industry with the Best of BC Winemakers Dinner on May 22 from 6-9pm at Provence Marinaside. This exclusive wine-pairing dinner is part of the ChefmeetsBCGrape series of wine and food events that spotlight BC VQA’s many fine wineries.
Provence Marinaside, a southern French restaurant situated on the Yaletown waterfront, provides an idyllic setting for this exclusive event. The menu, devised by Executive Chef and owner Jean-Francis Quaglia, will feature a sophisticated four-course dinner with an accent on high-end produce from local suppliers, prepared with a distinctively Gallic flair. Savoury courses include mushroom and asparagus salad, local sablefish, and beef tenderloin.
The event is hosted by Rhys Pender, Canada’s youngest Master of Wine, the highest professional rank of international recognition, who will be joined by some of BC’s top wine producers. Guests will have the opportunity to hear firsthand about the winemaking process for each of the wines to be sampled as well as learn about what it takes to make BC’s award-winning wines.
Six wineries will be pouring, as follows:
- Bella Wines, 2012 Sparkling Gamay Noir (Winemaker/Proprietor Jay Drysdale) Based in Naramata, the winery specializes in sparkling wines using Chardonnay and Gamay Noir grapes
- Clos du Soleil, 2011 Capella (Proprietor Spencer Massie) An artisan winery on the Upper Bench in South Similkameen Valley, focused on producing Bordeaux-style wine
- Quails’ Gate Winery, 2012 Chardonnay (Marketing Manager Rania Peters) One of BC’s oldest and most venerated wineries, situated in Westbank above Okanagan Lake
- Stoneboat Vineyards, 2012 Pinot Gris (Proprietor/Winemaker Tim Martiniuk) A family-owned-and-operated winery on the Lower Black Sage Bench in Oliver
- Laughing Stock Vineyards, 2011 Syrah (Proprietor Cynthia Enns) Located on the Naramata Bench, the winery is run by the husband-and-wife team of Cynthia and David Enns
- Black Sage Vineyard, 2008 Pipe Port (Communications Consultant Kate Colley) Situated in Oliver, with a focus on Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot varieties
Proceeds from this fundraiser will benefit the Arts Club’s youth programs, community-engagement activities, and artistic development projects.Tickets: $175 (with a $100 tax receipt) To purchase: contact email@example.com or call 604.687.5315, ext. 279