Did you know there are 7 wineries just 45 minutes outside of Vancouver in Langley? Take a drive and experience wine country- right in your own backyard. One of my favourite things to do while tasting wine, is pack a picnic and purchase a bottle of wine. Lots of Langley wineries have beautiful outdoor picnic areas, including Township 7, Chaberton Estate Winery, Backyard Vineyards and Vista D’oro.
Aside from offering wine tastings, several Langley wineries have planned fun events taking place right at the winery- from art classes in the Vineyard, to fiesta’s with sangria, to live music- there really is something for everyone!
Here is a list of some exciting events happening this summer in Langley:
June 29, Art in the Vines | over 30 established and emerging artists will be on-hand to discuss their works including crafts, jewelry, glass, pottery, paintings and more. Enjoy award-winning wines, live music, food trucks and much more.
- July 1- August 31, Wine&Art: A Palatable Experience | Join master artists for a 4 hour painting experience in the vineyard. Tickets are $125 per person and includes instruction, supplies, art piece, wine tasting, charcuterie picnic and credit for wine.
- July 11- 19, Bard in the Vineyard: Julius Caesar | See the popular Shakespearean play performed right in the vineyard! Bring a picnic and enjoy Township 7 wines. Tickets are $20, proceeds in support of Bard in the Valley.
July 19, 3rd Annual Walnut Festival
- August 16, CVWR Summer Wine Festival
- September 21, 2nd Annual Campbell Valley Wine Run
- June 29, Painting Party in the Vineyard | Paint your own piece right in the vineyard! Tickets are $40 and includes art supplies, cheese and charcuterie lunch platter and a glass of wine.
July 1, Canada Day BBQ by Critter Care | Enjoy a burger served with salad, Canada Day cake and a glass of wine for $11. This event will benefit Critter Care Wildlife Society.
- July 6, Wine Academy | Become an expert in wine and learn from West Coast Wine Education. Class is $89 includes materials, professional wine tasting glasses, wine and barrel samples, gourmet cheese samples and a certificate of completion.
- July 10, Live performance by country duo Robyn and Ryleigh | Listen to their new 2013 release album with a glass of wine right by the vineyard.
- July 13, Sangria Sunday | Backyard vineyards is having a fiesta! Enjoy complimentary Mexican snacks and purchase a glass or pitcher of Sangria.