I recently toured in Kelowna, and fell in love with a special place called Lake Country- located right off Highway 97 in between Kelowna and Vernon. I love that there are only 6 wineries to visit, which means if you plan to spend all day in Lake Country, you can visit them all.
The Wineries of Lake Country:
- Picnic area
- Currently building a spectacular brand new winery right behind the existing tasting room
- Picnic area where you can enjoy wine by the glass or bottle taking in panoramic views of the valley
- Assortment of cheese and crackers available for purchase at the winery
- Specialize in small lots of tasty wines made entirely from grapes grown in their own vineyard processed on-site in their European style winery
- Large picnic area with views of the lake and the vineyards
- Family run winery with award-winning wines including a rare Bacchus and also a Zweigelt
- Modern Mediterranean style winery
- Be sure to check out their upcoming events, including Andrew Allen on August 22 and 23
- Unique Rolling Stones Icewine is one of the rarest in the world. Pick up a bottle right at the winery before they sell out!
- One of the oldest wineries in BC (established in 1972)!
- Have lunch or dinner at Grapevine Restaurant right at the winery
- Take in beautiful views right off the patio of lush vineyards overlooking Okanagan Lake
- Have a large retail store in the tasting room with tons of fun wine accessories
- Lots of wine accessories, jellies, salsas, locally sourced and produced sausages, cheese and special food items are sold in the wine shop
- Sparkling Rose called “The One” perfect for any special occasion
- They have a massive picnic area outside where you can enjoy a glass or bottle of wine
*** Be sure to pick up a the Scenic Sip Passport at any of the above wineries and get a stamp at each one for a chance to win a case of wine!