The results are in! And to no surprise to us (of course), BC Chardonnay tops the list in a international competition between the Best Chardonnay in the World. The 24th Annual Chardonnay du Monde® competition was held on 8 to 10 March 2017 at Château des Ravatys, the wine estate of the Pasteur Institute at Saint Lager in the Burgundy wine region of France.
Summerhill Pyramid Winery made #1 in the top 10 Chardonnay’s in the world at the competition. Incredible accomplishment showcasing BC deserves a spot on the world stage! We are so proud of the Cipes’ Family for their passion to make authentic BC wine that is leading edge and organic, and most importantly, respects all aspects of the environment during the wine making process.
Here is a list of BC Wineries who came out with incredible results:
- Summerhill Pyramid Winery- Chardonnay Icewine- VQA, Okanagan Valley, 2014- GOLD
- See Ya Later Ranch- Chardonnay- VQA, Okanagan Valley, 2016- GOLD
- McWatters Collection (Encore Vineyards Ltd)- Chardonnay, Okanagan Valley, 2014- GOLD
- Quails’ Gate- Stewart Family Reserve Chardonnay- VQA, Okanagan Valley- 2015- SILVER
- Tinhorn Creek Vineyards- Oldfield Series, Golden Mile Bench, VQA, Okanagan Valley- 2014- SILVER
- Joie Farm Winery- En Famille Reserve Chardonnay, VQA Okanagan Valley, 2015- SILVER
- Summerland Pyramid Winery- Cipes Blanc de Blanc, VQA, Okanagan Valley, 2010- SILVER
More details on the competition can be found here.