If you’re looking for enjoyable events that pair well with a staycation or Vancouver Island visit, Blue Grouse Estate Winery has you covered from sophisticated evenings to family fun.
Friday Night Flights
June 7 – August 30
- Winery open until 7pm on Fridays
- Order a flight of 3 wines only, or a food-paired flight from a rotating calendar of chefs
- Our winemaker Bailey Williamson kicks off cooking on June 7 (also on July 12 and August 2)
- Farms Gate Foods creates the pairings June 14, July 5 and August 23.
A Jazz Evening with Misha Piatigorsky
New York resident and famed jazz pianist Misha Piatigorsky will be gracing Blue Grouse with a cabaret-style piano concert in our upstairs lounge. You won’t want to miss this intimate show.
- Saturday June 15, 7-9pm
- Doors open at 6 pm
- Tickets are $35 + GST
- Charcuterie, cheese and vegan boards; wine by the glass or bottle are available to purchase all evening.
2nd Annual Father’s Day Bocce Tournament
Spend the day with dad drinking wine and overlooking the vines, all while supporting the community.
- Sunday June 16th from 12-3pm
- Bocce balls provided
- All registration fees and $5 per bottle of wine will be donated to Nourish Cowichan. Tickets can be purchased online or at the tasting room.
Concert in the Vines with Heartwood
Heartwood is the new and perfect pairing of award-winning singer-songwriters Jack Connolly and Genevieve Charbonneau from our own Cowichan Valley. Jack and Genevieve are outstanding performers in their own right, but when their songwriting talents, charisma and musical chops are combined, the result is roots and folk magic. The duo are joined by a band for this special evening of music.
- Saturday August 17 from 7:30 to 9:30pm
- Doors open at 6:30pm
- Tickets are $20 + GST
- Wine by the glass and bottle available for purchase all evening.
Cowichan Wine Festival
Kick-off Event, August 23rd: Start the weekend off right and join all the wineries for our evening tasting event at Shawnigan Lake School.
Winery Touring, August 24th – 25th: Spend the rest of the weekend self-touring Cowichan’s fabulous wineries with map and passport in hand. Visit the wineries and collect stamps to fill the passport. Collect all the stamps and you can enter the draw for a grand prize!
Tickets will be available for purchase on the Tourism Cowichan website closer to the event date, or simply purchase a festival glass and passport at your first stop and keep it with you. This glass is your ticket and entitles you to 3 free tastings at all 11 participating wineries!