Do you need to get out of the house this weekend?! Well, start the car and head out to enjoy a scenic drive through the Fraser Valley and stop at some of the best wineries in the region!
Just a short 45 minutes from Vancouver, the Fraser Valley is home to over 40 wineries. Yes, 40! The drive through the Fraser Valley is beautiful with farms, orchards and vineyards lining the road. Pack a picnic, bring a blanket and pull over to the side of a quiet road for a tailgate and to enjoy the peaceful beauty of the Valley. Trust me, you’ll feel like for a few hours you’ve escaped to wine country!
Below, I put together an easy-to-follow DIY Langley Winery Tour with three wineries that are minutes within each other and are offering curb side pickup making it easy and convenient to buy wine and fill your at-home cellar! Take it one step further and plan your own wine tasting when you get home with my recommendations below. I personally selected three of my favourite wines from each winery for you to purchase and enjoy at home. Pair that with a cheese/charcuterie platter and you are set for a romantic night in.
DIY Langley Winery Tour & Wine Tasting:
Stop # 1| Backyard Vineyard| Open daily from 12-5pm
- Wine Tasting: Pick up a bottle of the Blanc de Noir traditional method sparking wine made from 100% estate grown Pinot Noir *the vineyard is adjacent to the winery when you drive in
- Order: Place your order through our online wine shop and at checkout choose to pick-up your order at Backyard Vineyards (under delivery options). Alternatively, you can call in your order (604) 539-9463).
- Pickup: Once you arrive, give us a call at (604) 539-9463 with your name and order# and we will bring your order right to your car.
Stop #2 | Township 7| Open daily from 11am-6pm
- Wine Tasting: Pick up a bottle of the 2017 Chardonnay made from Okanagan fruit from the Black Sage Bench in Oliver *this wine scored an impressive 91 points from John Schieiner
- Order: Buy wine here
- Pickup: Offering non-contact take-out and will bring your wine order directly to your car and process payment when you come by to pick it up.
- BONUS: Show this winery some love- its their 20th Anniversary this year!! And, with every purchase, Township 7 will donate $10 to the BC Hospitality Foundation until April 17
Stop #3 | Chaberton|Open Monday- Saturday from 10am-6pm and Sunday from 11am-6pm
- Wine Tasting: Pick up a bottle of the 2016 Reserve Cabernet Franc made from fruit from the Desert Hill Vineyard in Oliver *barrel aged in new oak for 30 months
- Order: To order, call the winery (604-530-1736 ext 3) to place your order or online here.
- Pickup: Call the winery and it will be ready for pickup when you arrive!