Does your bride-to-be love wine? Do you want to throw an elegant, sophisticated Bridal Shower full of delicious wine and food, perfect decorations and fun for all?
Here is an event plan to follow to help you throw the best wine themed party!
THINGS TO DO:
1) Guess how many corks are in the vase- provide small pieces of paper for guests to choose how many corks are in the vase, and give a prize out to the closest # without going over
2) A pop-up BC wine tasting can include the following wines:
- Okanagan Crush Pad/Bella Sparkling 2012 Gamay Noir
- Averill Creek 2010 Pinot Grigio
- Tinhorn Creek 2012 2BenchWhite
- Wild Goose Vineyards 2012 Gewurztraminer
- Dirty Laundry 2011 Kay-Syrah
- Krause Berry Farms 2013 Blueberry
3) Have guests give hand written advice to the bride-to-be- provide a box for guests to leave the notes in, then give this to the bride to take home and keep forever
4) How well does the Bride know the Groom? (Q+A game)
Flowers | fill mason jars with corks and top with a seasonal flower and/or fill wine bottles with a tall flower, or even a rose
Wine glasses | make sure you have tags so each guest can write their name down so they don’t loose their wine glass during the event
Thank you gift ideas | wine charms, a cheese spreader (knife), home-made infused olive oils
Details | grape crates, wine barrels, and wine corks can be scattered around the room to add to ambiance
Frame | quotes like “you had me at merlot” or “may your love age like a bottle of fine wine and get better with time”
FOOD and WINE:
- create a large cheese (aged cheddar, brie, asiago) and meats (salami, garlic sausage) platter served along side with bread and crackers.
- make home-made pizza on the BBQ
- serve fruit alongside a white chocolate dipping sauce
- welcome everyone with a glass of bubbly. Some of my favourite BC sparkling wines come from Backyard Vineyard, Blasted Church, Summerhill winery and Sumac Ridge
- serve a variety of BC wines in a large ice bucket so guests can try different wines, and learn about BC wineries. Add a tag/note around the top of the bottle, which states the winery, region and an interested fact about the wine.