- Creative wine and food pairings in Vancouver and Calgary
- Wine seminars on popular and emerging wine topics and professional Chef demonstrations in the Okanagan Valley
NYE is just a few days away, and every great countdown should include a bottle (or two) of BC Bubbles to toast at Midnight. I LOVE BC Bubbles because I find them so fresh, crisp, bubbly and delicious. There are also lots of different kinds, from authentic champagne method, to more procecco/frizzante style wines. Wineries are experimenting with different styles of sparkling wine and there is something for everyone to enjoy! And if you are feeling up for the challenge, learn how to safely saber a bottle of bubbles with a knife. DJ Kearney offers tips here.
Here are our top picks to ring in 2018:
Frizzante/Prosecco Style (more entry level, crowd pleaser)
- Stoneboat | Piano Brut N/V made from Pinot Blanc & Muller Thurgau grapes.
- 8th Generation | Integrity made from Chardonnay, Pinot Gris & Kerner grapes.
Authentic Traditional Method (for the more defined palate)
- Summerhill Pyramid Winery | Cipes Brut NV made from Riesling, Chardonnay & Pinot Blanc grapes.
- Noble Ridge | The One made from Chardonnay & Pinot Noir grapes.
- Fitzpatrick Winery | Fitz Brut made from Pinot Noir & Chardonnay with a hint of Meunier grapes.
- Blue Mountain | Reserve Brut made with Pinot Noir & Chardonnay grapes.