The Okanagan Valley has been experiencing incredible growth in its wine industry, with new wineries regularly emerging. Visiting a new winery is one of my favourite things to do. It’s so exciting to walk through a brand-new tasting room door for the very first time and see the unique vision behind the brand.
Now, finding new wineries along the wine trail is sometimes difficult to do as signage isn’t up yet, or they may be opening slowly (word of mouth). Don’t worry, I’ve listed every single new winery that is either currently open or expected to open very soon along with key information like tasting fees. If you want access to 100+ complimentary tasting experience across BC tasting rooms this season, be sure to purchase the BC Wine Passport before they sell out for the season!
O’Rourke Family Estate (Commonage Road, Lake Country)- events offered in 2023 *club members only
- HOURS | Not open yet, expected in 2024
- TASTING FEE | N/A
- ABOUT | Designed by renowned San Francisco-based architect Howard Backen, O’Rourke Family Estate sits on 300 acres offering panoramic and sweeping views of the vineyards, surrounding orchards and Okanagan Lake. The property features 110 acres of vines, 300 metres of winding tunnels and 12,000 square feet of caves that are the perfect temperature for storing and aging the wines. When complete, this winery will be bigger than Phantom Creek and Mission Hill.
- AWARD-WINNING | The 2020 Chardonnay was recently named one of the top 10 Chardonnays in the world by Chardonnay du Monde.
- ACCOMMODATIONS | stay in one of two luxury homes located amongst the vineyards on the property: the Georgie Award-winning five-bedroom Log Home or the Cottage Inn The Vines.
The Gallery Winery (2233 Witt Rd, West Kelowna)- now open
- HOURS | Wednesdays through Sundays, noon to 5 p.m.
- TASTING FEE | $8 per person, (Complimentary with BC Wine Passport)
- ABOUT | The Gallery Winery is located in West Kelowna, in the stunning Okanagan Valley. They combine great wine with great art to add a little extra beauty to world. The winery offers a beautiful picnic area where you can purchase a bottle and enjoy incredible views. A food truck is on-site every Friday this summer!
Terralux Estate Winery ( 2829 Ourtoland Rd, West Kelowna)- opening soon
- HOURS | Not yet open, expected July 2023 with guided tastings in the pop-up lounge until new estate is complete.
- ABOUT | A vision brought to life by three Master of Wine. One of the most anticipated new wine experience to ever reach the Okanagan.
Oak estate winery (20623 McDougald Rd, Summerland) – opening soon
- HOURS | Tasting room opening June 25, 2023
- ABOUT | Luxury winery, OAK stands for one of a kind
- TASTING FEE | $15 per person
- ACCOMMODATIONS | On site stunning villa is an architectural masterpiece with 6 bedrooms all featuring water views and a 1300+ square foot patio.
Haywire ( 16576 Fosbery Rd, Summerland) – now open
- HOURS | Tastings offered daily from 11am-5pm
- TASTING FEE | $20 per person (complimentary for two guests with the BC Wine Passport)
- ABOUT | Okanagan’s newest tasting lounge is now open with favourite sips from Haywire Wines, low intervention and cool climate. Great spot to enjoy a flight of wines alongside small bites and great vibes.
Ve Oh Lay Acres (5616 Simpson Rd, Summerland)- now open
- HOURS | Wednesday to Sunday from 11am-6pm
- ABOUT | They are committed to producing good quality wines made with love (and a little bit of sarcasm) while maintaining a family-friendly environment where people can come and enjoy themselves.
- FAMILY FRIENDLY EXPERIENCE | At the property, you can find an apple orchard, vineyard, greenhouses, beehives and a petting farm.
Solvero Wines (25585 Wildhorse Rd, Summerland)- now open
- HOURS | Tuesday to Sunday from 11am-4pm (tastings on crush pad)
- TASTING FEE | $12 per person
- ABOUT | The winery name means ‘truth in soil’. At almost 600m elevation, the Garnet Valley Estate Vineyard is one of the highest in BC. The elevation, steep slopes and well-draining soils define this extraordinary site. Pinot Noir and Chardonnay are showcased beautifully in this rugged landscape. Their mission is to craft premium wines that capture the essence of their Estate Vineyards and farming philosophies. Respect, honesty and balance are central in every aspect of the process, from the soils, to the vines, to the finished wine in the glass.
Garnet Valley Ranch Winery – now open *by appointment only
- HOURS | The property is open by reservation Wednesday – Saturday – mid-June to mid-September. They can accommodate three daily groups: 11am, 1pm and 3pm. Group sizes are limited to six people.
- ABOUT | For the first time, they are offering tours of this spectacular property for shareholders and club members only. Drink in the fresh air and spectacular views from the 320 acre, certified organic property while enjoying premium wines in the Outlook tasting room. Learn about their sustainability initiatives and keep an eye out for all the wildlife that thrives throughout the farm.
- ACCOMMODATIONS | members can rent out the airstream (2 single beds)
Chronos (361 Martin Street, Penticton) – now open
- HOURS | The tasting room is open daily from 12pm-6pm
- TASTING FEE | $10 per person (complimentary with the BC Wine Passport)
- ABOUT | Located in Penticton’s only urban winery, this premium tasting room offers wine enthusiasts and connoisseurs an exquisite opportunity to explore and savour some of the finest wines British Columbia has to offer.
High Note Estate Winery (1435 Naramata Road)- opening Canada Day weekend
- HOURS | Tasting room expected to open July 1 2023
- ABOUT | Boutique winery focusing on Italian style wines
Uppercase winery (19 East Side Road)- now open
- HOURS | daily from 11am-5:30pm
- TASTING FEE | $10 or $15 per person, waived with purchase
- ABOUT | Uppercase Winery was realized to focus on their passion for the South Okanagan terroir and its ability to produce exceptional, world-class wines. They achieve their goals through meticulous vineyard practices and precise management, combined with a winemaking style that embraces the newly emerging Okanagan wine region, while paying respect to old world tradition.
Ramification Cellars (3500 BC-97, Okanagan Falls)- now open
- HOURS | Tasting Room is open daily from 10:30 am -5pm
- TASTING FEE | $10 (complimentary for two guests with the BC Wine Passport)
- ABOUT | Ramification produces exceptional wines that celebrate and speak to where they are grown through site selection, viticulture, and winemaking. All the grapes are grown right here on the estate and shepherded with care from vine to bottle.
Synchromesh (4220 McLean Creek Rd, Okanagan Falls)- now open
- HOURS | Thursdays and Sundays 11am to 5pm, by appointment, until they run out of wine (currently bookings are only open through July).
- TASTING FEE | $20 per person
- ABOUT | They are a boutique, family run winery that focusses on exploring their unique and complex vineyard blocks through the lens of Riesling and Cabernet Franc. They farm over 30 acres of vines ranging from the North end of Naramata to the Golden Mile in Oliver with the bulk of their vineyards situated on 107 acres in Okanagan Falls.
Rigour & Whimsy (4112 McLean Creek Road, Okanagan Falls)– now open *very limited
- HOURS | Limited, please check website to book tasting in advance
- TASTING FEE | $40 per person
- ABOUT | Rigour & Whimsy is owned by husband and wife team Costa & Jody Gavaris. They currently focus on amber or orange wines as well as Gamay and Syrah. The name Rigour & Whimsy is an homage to their shared commitment to seeking balance in themselves, in their relationships, and in the natural world. Like yin and yang, Rigour and Whimsy are seemingly contrary attitudes that are actually complementary and interdependent. Both are necessary to find harmony.
Vasanti Estate Winery (7222 BC-97, Oliver)- opening soon
- HOURS | N/A
- ABOUT | With over 20 years of experience as premium winegrowers in the South Okanagan, the owners are now venturing into the world of winemaking. Standing by their side is long-time friend and esteemed winemaker, Jason Parkes, whose expertise and dedication have become an integral part of their journey. Together, they are working to transform nurtured grapes into exquisite wines, capturing the essence of their shared passion.
Red Barn Winery (4305 Black Sage Rd, Oliver)- now open
- HOURS | Tasting room open daily from 11am-5pm.
- TASTING FEE | $35 per guest
- ABOUT | Hidden between the rows of Jagged Rock Vineyard is a beautiful, striking Red Barn designed by Tom Kundig. The barn sits at the end of a dirt road, surrounded by a rugged rock-face and lush vines. Like the wines themselves, the building is a clash of the traditional and unconventional. It’s beautifully jarring.
Gazook Vinery (4522 BC-97, Oliver)- now open
- HOURS | Tasting room open daily from 11am-5pm
- TASTING FEE | $5 waived with purchase, walk-ins welcome
- ABOUT | You never know what you’re going to get at the Gadzook Vineshop. They make exuberant, bold wines that uniquely express the South Okanagan.
Lakeside Cellars (5221 Lakeshore Drive, Osoyoos)- now open
- HOURS | Tasting room open daily from 11am-6pm
- TASTING FEE | $10 per person (complimentary for four with the BC Wine passport)
- ABOUT | Perched on the eastern shores of Lake Osoyoos, Lakeside Cellars is the culmination of a lifelong commitment to farming.
Bottega Wine Studio (665 Beecroft St, Cawston)- now open
- HOURS | Saturday and Sunday from 11am-5pm
- TASTING FEE | $10 per person, redeemable with 2 bottles purchased
- ABOUT | Through passion and creativity, winemaker Daniel Bontorin crafts exceptional rosé and small lot wines of purity and uniqueness. Family owned and operated; this fun, sustainably farmed boutique winery produces wines from one-of-a-kind Okanagan terroir located in Cawston, British Columbia right in the heart of the rugged Similkameen Valley.
Stay tuned for new tasting rooms set to open in 2024:
- Evolve Cellars, Naramata Bench
- Solverro Wines, Summerland
- O’Rourke Family Estate, Lake Country
*Are you a new tasting room in the Okanagan? Email Kayla (email@example.com) to be added to this list!
**Want to be added to the 2024 BC Wine Passport? Email Kayla (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.