Cornucopia, Whistler’s celebration of food and wine, hits the village next weekend from November 10-20th and showcases premium winery dinners, culinary demonstrations, exquisite tastings, educational seminars and so much more.
Since its the 20th Anniversary of Cornucopia in Whistler, expect even more exciting events and experiences to taste incredible wines, like Lillooet’s Fort Berens Estate Winery, who is launching their brand new Red Gold. For the first time, public are invited to taste the exceptional quality of the Red Gold designation 2014 Red Gold at the following events:
While barrel sampling the red wines, the Fort Berens team discovered a few barrels that were of exceptional quality wines. Well, its time to uncork these wines and taste away because they are ready for public, and Cornucopia will be the first time you can try the Red Gold wines. Get your tickets before they sell out!
Also, be sure to follow us on Twitter (@uncorkBC) as we will be covering several events at the festival, or follow hashtag #Cheersto20years
See you in Whistler!
Cornucopia Whistler is one of the highlights of my year and a festival I look forward to every fall! Happening November 10-20, Whistler Village is transformed into the ultimate wine and food festival with winery dinners, grand tasting events, seminars, late night parties, and so much more.
New this year, is the BC Wine Summit and trust me, you won’t want to miss it! The two day forum starts on Thursday, November 10th with a welcome reception and a ticket to the hottest party in the village- Cornucopia’s 20th Anniversary party. On day two, hear from a lineup of speakers with a wealth of BC wine knowledge and experience including Andrew Windsor- Tinhorn Creek’s winemaker, Cynthia Enns- Owner and Vineyard Manager at Laughing Stock, Don Triggs- Co-Proprietor & Principal at Culminia Family Estate Winery and more.
Topics range from panel discussions about Rebels & Icons, to debates about the future of BC wine. Focusing solely on our BC wine region, this summit will help to share the future and success of our industry. A ticket to the entire summit which includes a ticket to Friday Evenings Cellar Door Tasting – which features top-shelf wines above $35- is only $149 and will be sure to sell out. Be sure to register early and get your tickets here.
Other BC Wine Events during Cornucopia includes:
- November 11 at 6pm- Fairmont Chateau Whistler, Winery dinner series featuring Kelowna’s Quails’ Gate, tickets $129.
- November 12 at 2pm- Drink Seminar: BC Wine and Cheese- the truth uncovered, tickets $52
- November 12 at 4:30pm- Nota Bene Vertical Tasting- tickets $42
- November 12 at 6pm- Fairmont Chateau Whistler, Winery dinner featuring Oliver’s Tinhorn Creek, tickets $199
- November 13 at 2pm- Drink Seminar- Fort Berens: Pioneering for a new millennium, tickets $42
- November 14 at 6pm- Araxi Restaurant: Intimate Wine Dinner with Oliver’s Burrowing Owl, tickets $149
- November 16 at 6pm- Araxi Restaurant: Intimate Wine Dinner with Naramata’s Foxtrot Vineyards, tickets $149
- November 16 at 6:30pm- Red Door Bistro: Winemaker’s Dinner with Tightrope Winery, tickets $170
- November 17 at 6pm- House Party: Best of BC, Sidecut Modern Steak at the Conference Centre, tickets $52
- November 18 at 6pm- Araxi Restaurant: Intimate Wine Dinner with Oliver’s Culmina Family Estate Winery, tickets $149
- November 20 at 2pm- Drink Seminar- Quails’ Gate Pinot Noir Vertical Tasting with winemaker Nikki Calloway, tickets $42
For the full schedule of events and winemaker dinners, be sure to visit Cornucopia Whistler.