The Holiday Season is quickly approaching and it is time to start thinking about shopping for Christmas. I wanted to share my top Holiday Gifts for this year that will make any BC Wine Lover happy!
From experiences and unique tastings, to gorgeous wine accessories, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
(PS: uncorkBC is hosting its first ever 12 Days of Giveaways! Find out more at the end of this blog post!)
A weekend stay in Wine Country
Purchase a weekend stay in BC wine country for the 2021 Season including one of my favourites:
- Four Shadows (Penticton/Naramata Bench)
- Grinch Ranch (Penticton)
- The Inn at Therapy (Naramata)
- The Villa at Hester Creek (Oliver)
A Special Vertical Tasting
Vertical tastings are a fun way to taste how each vintage is unique and changes the characters of the wine. It’s a unique opportunity to explore the same type of wine from the same winery, but from completely different years.
Below are two incredible BC Wineries: Culmina and CheckmateWinery who are offering this special experience to sip different vintages, side by side.
- Purchase a Vertical Tasting from Culmina Winery!
- The Dilemma Set is vertical offering of Culmina Family Estate Winery’s Chardonnay, Dilemma, from 6 vintages, this gift set will appeal to those who appreciate elegant, classically styled Chardonnay.
- Capture Vertical Set, $450, only 25 available!
- Enjoy one bottle of Capture Chardonnay from each of the 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 vintages
- Other Vertical Sets offered here
A Virtual Wine Tasting Experience
Since you might not be able to visit winery tasting rooms, have a fun and casual experience in the comfort of your own home!
Some wineries are offering virtual tasting experiences where wine is shipped straight to your doorstep and you have access to a wine tasting (via video).
Okanagan Crush Pad
- Okanagan Crush Pad has special packs you can order here https://okanagancrushpad.com/virtual-tasting-collection/
- There are free matching guided tasting videos from DJ Kearny that you can do at your convenience when you buy.
- For a cost of $75 for up to 25 people, a group can coordinate a live host to join them on a call.
- Or, receive 15% off select wines here: https://okanagancrushpad.com/season-for-savings/ with code: uncorkbc
Little Engine Wines
- Order a Gold ($60) or Silver ($50) Mini tasting set here
- Each set comes with three 200mL bottles and a link to enjoy a virtual tasting with the winemaker!
A Gift Card to a Winery Restaurant
Some of the best restaurants across the province are at local wineries. The food is always fresh and chefs make extra efforts to create stunning dishes to pair perfectly with wine. Purchase a gift card for a friend or family member to use next season!
My favourite wineries to dine at include:
- Peak Cellars (Lake Country)
- Cedar Creek (East Kelowna)
- Mission Hill (West Kelowna)
- Fitzpatrick (Peachland)
- Poplar Grove (Penticton)
- Liquidity (Okanagan Falls)
- Tinhorn Creek (Oliver)
- Fort Berens (Lillooet)
A Gorgeous Handcrafted Charcuterie Board
I absolutely love building delicious charcuterie and cheese boards but what really steals the show is the wooden board itself. I found an amazing local company that is launching just in time for the holidays, Holt and Lamb. They are located in the Fraser Valley and specialize in one of a kind, hand-crafted, high quality wooden products including trays, charcuterie boards, crib boards, and custom tables! Each piece is made using sustainable, locally salvaged wood products from British Columbia.
- To place an order, click here and use the uncorkBC discount code for 10% off your purchase: “UncorkBC”
An award-winning decanter
I love opening up my red wine prior to enjoying but usually don’t have hours on end to do so. Well, our friends (from New Westminster) at vSpin created a decanter that decants wine in just 4 minutes! Most aerators on the market only introduce a limited amount of air to your wine, while vSpin fully aerates your wine, all timed and controlled by you. This was also a winning product of the German Design Award in 2018.
- Purchase the vSpin here
A Saber Knife
Sabrage is a technique for opening a champagne bottle with a saber, used for ceremonial occasions (or any night). One of my favourite wineries, Fitz Wine, offers a traditional knife that you can purchase here for $125.
A wine scented Candle
Locally made candles that feature the beautiful aromas of BC wine? Yes please! Each and every one of these Crush Candles are hand cut, sanded, small batch poured with 100% soy wax and scented with aromas inspired by the Okanagan Vineyards.
- Purchase a FITZ candle here or check out local wineries that feature their own scents.
A BC Wine Book
Purchase a BC Wine Book to read fireside over the holiday season. Here is a list of some of my favourites:
- The BC Wine Lover’s Cookbook (purchase here)
- The Okanagan Wine Guide (purchase here)
- Flagship Wines from BC (purchase here)
A Case of Wine from the Okanagan
The Okanagan Wine Initiative has partnered with Wine Align to offer a Passport to the Okanagan! 12 wines from 5 wineries, delivered to your door. Click here to order – deadline November 29!
- Shipping available across Canada
- The case includes a selection of wines curated by the renowned Wine Align judges and includes wines from Painted Rock Winery, Poplar Grove Winery, Okanagan Crush Pad, Summerhill Pyramid Winery, and 50th Parallel Estate Winery.
- Bubbles, aromatic whites, bold reds – this case has the best of the Okanagan!
A photoshoot in Wine Country
Give a gift that will last a lifetime! Professional photos by our friend Sharisa of Okanagan Wine Arts. She is an incredible local photographer based in Oliver, BC. Gift that special someone a special session with her in 2021!